Friday 31 October 2014

Harvest time for thanks...

Hi everyone, happy whatever you celebrate tonight. As a kid I loved Hallowean; I would dress up in my best witches outfit and sit in the garden watching the moon. I still remember the feeling that big bright moon gave me as my imagination chased off in all sorts of witchy things.

Well tonight what I'm going to share is about giving thanks. So as you read take a moment to remember all that is good in your life. 'Knowing' what we have right now that makes us happy, can stop the yearnings for past or present. Now wouldn't that feel good! 

I was inspired to make this because of the theme on the A Vintage Journey challenge blog which is Bountiful Harvest. There are some amazing creations from their DT which you can view here.

A few weeks ago I bought an old frame and some bits and bobs from a second hand shop with a mind to alter it at some time. Today I dismantled it, removed the picture from the back board and assembled my collection of dried flowers nuts etc.


I don't have any leaves in this collection so hand cut a few. I used distress ink in Barn Door, Cordroy Walnut Stain and Shabby Shutters.



I chose to work directly onto the back board and gave it a coat of Gesso. To this I stencilled some crackle paste through a Lin Brown stencil and some words from a Dina Wakley. The colour is from what was left on my stencil from earlier which reactivated with the crackle paste.



I sprayed this with Media Line sprays in Greeny Yellow Yellow And Turquoise and when this was dry sprayed with color bloom in old Leather


I sprayed some shimmer Media Line in Magenta and arranged my elements, once happy I stuck them in place.


I then added my sentiment which is a poem by William Blake and stamped some leaves from Lin Brown 07



Thanks for the visit, see you soon,

Debsxxx






SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Love how you're using your media misters xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. those sprays look great! love all the mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful creation! The colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dried flowers they work so well x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very different and very thoughtful project Debs... Am enjoying the drippage and warm colours very much. Those DecoArt Misters are a need:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your creation is delightful - I really love the colors you used and the quote so perfect. Enjoyed your step X step too. Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey as we step into Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely wall hanging - wonderful techniques on your background - and pretty cluster of flowers and leaves! Thank you for joining us in the AFJ harvest/fall challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - what a stunning harvest celebration. Glorious, intense colours - just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't know how I managed to miss this one, love it! Such gorgeous colours, and I love how you did the flowers, they have come out looking just fantastic! Wonderful harvest make and thanks so much for adding it to the challenge at A Vintage Journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that, Debs, is positively gorgeous! LOVE the way you've sprayed the colour onto the textured background (a la Tim) and gathered those harvest treats together. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig