Monday 6 October 2014

Lesson one with Jane Davenport

This lady was created after a lesson in Radient faces with JD. I made a couple of sketches of my picture I chose for inspiration which was this which is The mermaid by John Waterhouse.


My first draft using just pencil


My second draft using charcoal


Both these were created whilst looking at the picture I then put away the picture and so drew and painted my version.






I have loved creating her, and she has changed a lot. 

Thanks for visit see you soon 

Debsxx




SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Isn't she a Pre Raphealite lady by Lord Leighton??? So similar to his look...

    You should be proud of your drawing it is dark and charasmatic, different to what you have done before. Love love love her!
    :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sensuous mermaid, if I'm not mistaken? I loved watching your process unfold. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct John William Waterhouse, i have a print of this picture but confused her with another i have of Lord Leighton. Thanks Julie Ann:-) xxx

      Delete
  3. She's lovely Debs! I too enjoyed reading how you got to the final portrait.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the stages, JD is one of my favourite artists! Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very free and relaxed Deborah. You said that you painted it. What paints did you use? Great stuff! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A mixture really, decoart, Caran d'Ache crayon, prismacolor pencil Windsor Newton acylic in White. Thank you for your comment. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well done, specially love the drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your version Deb, she's beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I ever heard artist name and I remember 'Ophelia'
    This is very original your paint! I love the your mermaid she is fantastic!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig