Sunday 26 October 2014

Halloween 'Howl....'

Hello everyone, thank you for popping in to see what I've been up to, especially as you are probably expecting a face, but surprise I've made a tag. Lol!

Many of the challenge site have their theme as Halloween and I've been pretty stuck for ideas that was until today. This morning I was looking a Vintage Journey Blog and in particular the 10 excellent tags Astrid created which you can see here . I was particularly excited by this one I loved the crackle paste and the effect it gave her tag. 

I grabbed a coffee and sat thinking how I could used something similar on a tag for Halloween. I also wanted to play with my new DecoArt Media spritz paints.

I am entering this tag into the challenge at Artist Trading Post and That's Crafty 

I picked a size #10 Ranger tag and sprayed it with Red Green Orange and Black. I dried this with a heat gun. 


I added some distress ink in Barn Door and Peeled Paint to the red and green areas as well as round the edge.

I used the Tim Holtz layering stencil Shattered glass and applied Wendy vecchi crackle paste through it to create a web effect. Once dry I went round the paste with my stabilo All and activated the ink rubbing it into the cracks. This picture is blurred but gives you an idea.


On the other side I used another TH stencil with Grunge Paste.







I stamped the skull from Dylusions plate 'bits of this' onto a piece of smoothy card which had been painted in Snowflake from PA. I stuck this onto the card and added some bugs from the same plate.
I drew the bat as I didn't have a stamp. 


To finish I added a sentiment and some fibres.



Thank you for your visit and come back soon 

Debsxxx




SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Love the effect of the crackle through the spiders' webs. A great spooky creation, Deborah! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that background, glad you got a chance to play with your sprays. Fab crackle and your bat drawing looks brilliant

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the spiders web effect too. Great project Deborah. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag, Debs, love the spiders web; the colours are incredible - fabulous all round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is brilliant Debs! Love the texture from the stencils and those little bugs are making me itch, lol! I had to laugh at the idea that the skull has finally decided he doesn't like who he's been all this time and is now going to change ;D!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol that's what I liked - I did wonder If anyone would see the funny side xx

      Delete
  6. The Media Mists look fantastic alongside the Distress Inks, looking forward to my shimmery ones arriving! Stunning stencils and the crackle is WOW, must invest in a Stabilo All pencil, you use it so well and it makes a lot of difference on your Tag.

    Love the Dylusions Skull stamp and the bugs, a great bat you drew too. Fantastic Tag Debs, the fibres add to the lovely colours :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fun take on Halloween, and fabulous background...especially love the white around the spider and the crackle through the web, thanks so much for joining us at ATP Exchange. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great background and colours. The web looks amazing and I love the skull. Its great to have you join in with us at Artist Trading Post.
    HUgs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous tag ! Love your colourful background and your crackled web, it's really effective. Thank you for joining us at the ATP Exchange . Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad someone else is enjoying the fab DecoArt Misters - love what you've done with them! Gorgeous texture with the crackle paste and loving the how all the details work so well together.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at the ATP Exchange
    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. An awesome tag! I love that crackled web. Thanks for entering it into the That's Crafty! challenge and good luck in the draw.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig