Tuesday 28 October 2014

Sewing...

Hello everyone, I recently made some felt out of which I made a cover for my phone.



Well I've changed my phone and so now it doesn't fit. No problem I think, I'll sort it out. So when my order had arrived from Janet Humphrey it was the perfect time to make a new one to use while I alter the other.



I stumbled across Janet on Lin Brown's blog which I was reading at the weekend. Please check what Lin does it really is worth a visit. I'm looking forward to more of this style from Lin (please).

In the pack was calico so I cut it to the size I needed. This I laid out and on top, I placed pieces of material to fit. I sewed with a zigzag stitch across each piece as it meets another, forming a layer of patchwork. I guess you wouldn't normal make patch work this way but it suited me.


Once complete i embellished here and there with lace and bows etc. I then cut more material to form a back and stitched round 3 edges making sure right side to right were facing. I turned it inside out and poked out the corners. I formed the size of case I needed and using an embroidery stich sewed around the edge to form the case.






I really enjoyed making this case, it turned out far better than I imagined and I love it's shabby look. Think I'll be playing like this again soon. 

Any way bye for now, take care 

Debsxx





SHARE:

3 comments

  1. ah Debs this is lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have both been doing the same thing today! We got new phones a week ago & needed new covers too, made mine out of leather as OH not into patchwork lol.

    Your case is gorgeous, loving the quilt look and all those fab fabrics together, can see why you enjoyed yourself:-)

    Having to take my replacement sewing machine back again tomorrow, same fault:(

    So glad you shared! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your choice of fabrics, happy playing and happy phone! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig