Saturday 4 October 2014

Afternoon play

I was trying to catch up on my blog reading this morning when I come to Hazel's. Many of you will know her as a fellow PATwit. She's a lovely lady, who I enjoy sharing a tweep with, and whoes own creations are amazing. Please check out her blog. Anyway I started to read and was inspired to visit the Artist Trading Post challenge site, whoes existence I knew nothing, so was very pleased I had come across it. Especially as it is a mixed media challenge and anything goes. It is also the first of what is going to be a fortnightly challenge.

I chose a tag as I have a set of these and when all completed they can be hung together. I first painted it with white gesso and when dry used a background stencil with grunge paste. Without taking off the stencil I sprayed the paste with cotton candy and pressed petal colour bloom. ( I read about this over on  laurart this morning too)

I let the colour soak in for a bit and then removed the stencil. 



Once this was dry I added some torn paper down the edges and at the top. The edges were sanded and later distressed with vintage photo distress ink.



I then smooshed in some fresco acrylic paint in hint of mint. 


The feature I chose to use was a doll stamp by Julie Nutting. I stamped the doll on card which I had mopped up the ink from earlier. The dress was a piece of patterned paper. I then squished some distress ink in Barn door on card and once dry stamped her shoes and hair.

I searched in my stash for some embelishments and found a bottle top in which I embedded some tiny beads using clear embossing power.

I stamped my sentiment and added a matching butterfly. To my girl whom I have named Joy I gave some wings.



I have had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon playing with techniques and creating Joy! Thankyou for your visit. Take care xx

Debs xxx
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Love the texture and stamping on the background and the colours blend so well together.
    Thank you also for joining the first ATP Exchange challenge and we hope to see you again.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the amazing background you have created Deborah and your use of Mixed Media's. Thank you for joining in with our first challenge at ATP

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project Debs, are you going to join in regularly? Fab techniques & textures love her wings.

    I picked up one of the Julie Nutteg Doll stamps today and put it back... Not too sure my style, after seeing your Tag i should have got her.

    Still wanting Mirabelle stamp before want one of these! Thanks for such great inspiration:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for lovely comment. First time I played with doll and won't be the last it's like playing dressing up for adults lol xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful tag Debs! Love your background, will be playing with Colour Blooms later today so thanks for your inspiration! Glad you found us and thanks for joining our first challenge at ATP Exchange. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late sorry! A gorgeous project with a really fabulous background.
    So glad you joined us at the Artist Trading Post Exchange.
    Julia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig