Friday 31 October 2014

A journal Page! it's been a while...

Hello everyone, I hope you are well, and if not get better soon. I'm under the weather with sore throat achy body and generally feeling Yuk! I'm still in good spirits though!.

I'm on a challenge frenzy at the moment, I have not been entering for a while because of all the drawing and felt the need to play with some different Art and mediums. So today I did a journal page and I'm going to enter it into these challenges 

The craft Barn Q&L whose words are Hug and Nowhere. The idea is to create a piece of art, and add a quote or poem, lyrics or a song etc. which feature at least one if not both words. Stumpt for ideas then look at the samples here 

That's Crafty whose new theme is hot and spicy. I had to laugh at this as all I could think of was curry because that's just how I like it lol. You can see how the DT interpreted the theme here 

Artist Trading Post (ATP) theme is any old iron . Ruth set the theme with a photo of an old rusty door she had seen on holiday and the DT came up with fab inspiration! Take a look here 

I found a page in my journal which I had played with previously 


The photo is upside down so it will look a little different. I layered stencils and spray inks in tones of reds yellows and orange to give it that hot and spicy as well as rusty look.



I stencilled a figure for more interest and continued to build up my layers of paints and stencils. 


And to finish I added my words from 'hi ho  Silver lining' recorded by Jeff Beck  here's a link to YouTube 



I had so much fun thanks for stopping by and hope to see you soon ... 

Only it didn't look finished so I added some Frantage in Ocre in a couple of places and stamping round the edge almost proving a frame, and some script.

Now it's finished!



Debxxx


SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Wonderful journal page Debs,love the colours. I'm going to have a proper look through your blog later but I've seen some of your drawings and I'm very impressed :)
    Hope you feel better soon

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Debs such a stunning journal page with so much texture created with colour - brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap! Going through same here, feel yuk but carrying on, crafting helps to distract away from the symptoms, ooops i have just started sneezing, dash!

    BEAUTIFUL journal pages Lovely, loving the hauntingly threatening figure under the drippage and the hot colours of, well it does remind me of the netherworld.

    So glad you are joining in over at the Craft Barn, i adore these challenges. My challenge is to always include both words, have managed it for most weeks, hard work but i enjoy the research :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page, the hot spicy colours and silhouetted image make for a slightly spooky feel to it for me, and all the layers and stampng really bring it all to life. Excellent choice of words you chose too :o))

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on a real creative roll at the moment, this is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the pages have developed from the originals and your now finished pages are perfect, I think you were totally right to add the border xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your curry-free (LOL) interpretation of hot and spicy. Many thanks for entering - and good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic page! Gorgeous hot colours and stamped layers, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow a fabulous journal page all those layers, amazing, and I had totally forgotten that song,

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great page. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, stunning page. Hope you are feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow. I would have stopped long before you did, and that's why your art is so vibrant. Love the layers and the depth you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you've shown us from the start how your pages developed. The colours are wonderfully warm and even hot in places and I think they work perfectly with our challenge.
    Thanks so much for joining us this time at ATP Exchange.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Love your journal pages....reminds me of fireworks. Vibrant colours and amazing layers.
    Thank you for sharing with us at ATP Exchange.
    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joyous colourful journalling! Love your pages! Thankyou for joining us at the ATP Exchange ! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig