Sunday 1 November 2015

Bluebells for New Challenge

Hello everyone, today we have a new Challenege over at Country View Crafts and this month the theme is the Colour Blue. My inspiration is a little different this month as I'm challenging myself to reduce the amount of colours I use.


I hope this and all the other fabulous designs from the team inspire you to have a go and enter the challenege. You could also win a £20 voucher to spend in the shop.



I used a 6x6 grey/white board tile and painted it with white Gesso to give it some texture as I used a heavy coat. Once dry I sprayed it with Lyndy's Stamp Gang Spray in Azure Blue and Bucanear Blue both of which have Mica content and other colours than blue. You can just see the colours peeking through.



I used this stencil with Dina Wakley Media Line paint in Midnight.

Next I took 2x2 mini canvas and sprayed it with Turquoise, ColorBloom Spray. I added a circle of paint drawn with writing adapter that fits on Dina tubes of paint.

Next I stamped a bluebell flower from ELB 22 from Paper Artsy and coloured it with paint pens lightly. This I stuck to the middle of the canvas which in turn was stuck to the tile. I repeated the scribbled circle around the canvass to tie the whole thing together.



Here are some close ups. You can see on the mini canvass that I have spritz and flicked a Tim Holtz techniques that can be used with sprays and inks that are water soluble. In this case it looks like water has leaked onto the canvas and stained it.




You can just see that I edged the canvass with a background stamp out of ELB 22 from PaperArtsy. I also edged the board with a little French Roast Fresco Acrylic.


Well that's me for now. I do hope you get the time to enter the challenge. Take care lovelies Hugs Debs xx


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. gorgeous work Debs - i adore this! Brilliant! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderfully arty creation ... love the circles! Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tile Debs and well done for working against your natural inclination to use more colours. It works really well!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, Debs - the tile background is great, and I love the simple circle framing of the flower. I challenged myself to get simpler with this month's theme too... love your results!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig