Friday 25 September 2015

New challenge at That's Crafty

Hello every thanks for stopping by, I appreciate you spending time here and hope you enjoy the post. It time for another new Challenge at That's Crafty, and this fortnight the Theme is Girls will be Girls. There is loads of inspiration from my teamies so if you have the time pop over and have a look. One lucky crafter will win a £20 Voucher to spend in the lovely shop.

Here is my inspiration for the challenge, I was tempted to draw a face or have several girls on my page but that wasn't working for me so I went for a gift. Well you know us girls can never have enough gifts can we, and as my gift is a handmade piece if jewellery all the better.



So here it is



I made the bracelet a while back and so thought I'd create a nice box to present it in. To present the bracelet I also decorated the 2x2 wooden block.



This is what I did.



I used Crackle Glaze on the box and then painted it with Terea Green and Granny Smith Fresco Acrylic Paint, all from Paper Artsy.


Once dry I added some Captain Peacock all over the box blending it with the green.

Next I took the wooden block and gave it two coats of Nougat Fresco Acrylic and stamped it with script with Archival Ink in Coffee.

I also added some stencilling using Dinky Stencils from That's Crafty and more Archival ink.




I used a damask Stencil from Prima and grunge Paste on the lid and once fry I sanded it with a sanding block and coated it in treasure Gold White Fire.



I finished the box by rubbing the Treasure Gold around the edges which aged the box nicely.
Here are some more photos.




 
Looking forward to seeing what you make. Take care Hugs Debs xxx


SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Wow you made that lovely bracelet too?! Beautiful box and a very clever idea too Debs
    Have a fab weekend
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really gorgeous box Debs with such lovely texture. Just love that bracelet too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right we girls can never have enough gifts. Lovely make Debs and perfect for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning crackle with the new colours over the top - and that White Fire flourish texture is fabulous! Beautiful stranded bracelet too - what an amazing gift.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so glad I popped over, this is such an amazing blog! There's no doubt you'll get your 100 followers.
    Absolutely love the way you've made the box. Fab texture and layers. Such a talented lady to make the lovely bracelet too. Looking forward to following your journey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful box for a beautiful bracelet ..... what a gorgeous gift. Great blog too! I've just started following ...... don't worry you'll soon reach the 100 mark xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to follow you Debs, but as I'm Wordpress, I don't seem to be able to. Perhaps you could add a 'follow by email' button ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful as always Debs. And a good tutorial too. Someone will be lucky to win this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debs, I've popped over from Facebook, but I'm not here for the prize, although it's very beautiful :) Your altered box is also wonderful. I thought I would pop over to see your blog and join as a follower, I hope you get over a100! Have a great day, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty Debs - love the crackle (no surprises there lol) and these new fresco colours are stunning - hope you're well xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig