Wednesday 23 September 2015

Bistre flower garden

Hello everyone, thank you for popping in, it's lovely that you come and visit me, I really do appreciate it. 
I'm sharing a journal page which I started a long while a go. I ended up throwing it in a corner, metaphorically, as I couldn't actually throw it, as it was in a journal that I'm using a lot. 

I was inspired to alter this page using Bisters by the Theme over At Paper Artsy which is Pigments  Powders and I will be entering the challenge. I will also be entering the challenge at Anything But Cute where the Theme is Makeover 

                                                          This is the finished one 
                   

And here is where I started 
I really didn't like the page, everything was wrong.


                                 

So out come the Bisters and Lyndy's sprays. I used Blue, Yellow and Neutral Bister powders and activated them with Cremè Brûlée Spray. I first saw this at Alley Pally, when Leandra from Paper Artsy    Showed me.   I swished the colours around, and then dried the page. I added a few spots of Yellow Media Mist. The original stamps are from JOFY 13 & 14 and Stencil is JOFY 10.


                             


                               Using a White Signo gel pen I outlined the flowers and stems. 


                        

  
             I  stamped some more stems with white ink and a stamp from Lin Brown plate 23



                    


Using a script stamp and white ink I stamped around here and there and finished with a butterfly from Finnabair which I heat embossed with white powder.




                    

I love how it came out, hope you do to. See you soon hugs Debs xx


SHARE:

21 comments

  1. Oooh yeah, I agree, that looks much better Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible transformation.... now it just makes you want to go for a walk and find the place you see Debs. Really fab. j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Stunning makeover Debs! The background looks amazing!
    Thank you so very kindly for joining our Mixed Media Makeover challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Hugs :)

    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's wonderful Debs! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous makeover Debs, your Bistre garden looks beautiful1

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo love those bistres!! looks great debs...lovely colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super mooi! Yeah, that's better, it is beautiful!
    greatings from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you've activated the Bistres with the lindy's spray. The colours are gorgeous and hi-lighting with the white finishes it off beautifully. I'm learning all the time and loving this collage x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fab, love your makeover. The white highlights really set it all off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous page now Debs and the makeover certainly a big difference. Beautiful effects from the Bistres & spray combo!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous makeover Debs! I'm loving the watercolor effect of those Bistres and the additions of the white highlights give this page such depth. Love it! Thank you for joining our Mixed Media Makeover at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing makeover with such a stunning background! Loving the before version, as well! What a beautiful watercolor effect!
    Thank you so very much for joining in our 'Mixed Media Makeover' challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Branka DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sure the first version was in need of something more, but it wasn't that bad! The Brushos did an excellent make over job though...

    ReplyDelete
  14. If was a good job you didn't throw it out as the transformed page is stunning - the original wasn't that bad either xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought the original was pretty good, but your final piece is really good, each stage took it a bit further and gave it great depth and interest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantabulous mixed media makeover you have achieved here! The original was totes gorg but the end result is wowzers! Love the white highlights and the effect you have achieved with the background! Your use of the sprays and the little butterfly amplify this journal up two hundred degrees dearie! Awesome sauce!

    Thanks for joning in our Mixed Media Makeover challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugz. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. So fabulous - amazing to see how the Bistres turn something pretty into something alive and beautiful. Gorgeous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous, I love how it turned out! I don't think I would have been able to get past the first incarnation!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig