Friday 11 September 2015

New challenge at That's Crafty

Hello everyone, welcome to this fortnights challenge over at That's Crafty which is Lovely Leaves. It's very apt for this time a year as many of the leaves on the plants and trees are turning beautiful colours.
Autumn is my second favourite seasons, and in particular September. It's still quite bright but cooler. I love the varied colours of Mother Nature and like many animals I feel the need to improve my nest for hibernation. I've already highlighted to my other half the jobs that need doing before winter sets in.
So get your thinking caps on, if you are the winner you could win a voucher to spend in store. How fabulous is that.
Back to my inspiration



                                                                  This is what I did.


Taking a Grey/white board I used Grunge Paste through a Lin Brown 006 stencil all from Paper Artsy and once dry, sprayed the background in pinks and orange colours from Lyndy's Stamp Gang.



I repositioned the stencil and using VersaMark coated the leaves in glue. I then sprinkled UTEE in Lapis Pearl from Cosmic Shimmer.



Next I stamped some leaves from plate Hot Picks 1505 from Paper Artsy onto heavy Smoothly Card and then embossed them with green embossing powder from Wow. I also stamped some of the seed heads.




The leaves were then painted with with Fresco Acrylic Paints in Claret, Guacamole, Lemon Zing and Autumn Fire.
These were then coated in clear UTEE.




I prepared another board 6x6 by stamping the background with stamps from Finnibair for Prima using Potting Soil Archival ink. Once this was dry I arranged my leaves.



It was then put together and finished off with some lines from one of my fav poems by Emily Dickinson.




The full poem

The Wind begun to rock the grass
With threatening tunes and low,
He flung a menace at the earth,
A menace at the sky.
The leaves unhooked themselves from trees
And started all abroad;
The dust did scoop itself like hands
And throw away the road.
The wagons quickened on the streets,
The thunder hurried slow;
The lightning showed a yellow beak,
And then a livid claw.
The birds put up the bars to nests,
The cattle fled to barns;
There came one drop of giant rain,
And then, as if the hands
That held the dams had parted hold,
The waters wrecked the sky,
But overlooked my father’s house,
Just quartering a tree.


I hope you enjoyed this project. Please pop over and have a look at all the other amazing inspirations from my teamies. They really are worth a look.

I hope you can pop back soon as I have another post later today. Take care hugs Debs xxx


                                          
          
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Fantastic Autumn board Deborah!! Beautiful shimmer for the first background, great your image by HP's poppy pots and leaves. I love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, autumn is my fave season, too. You have been busy this week. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely autumnal hanging Debs, fab elements
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you created the background xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig