Monday 21 April 2014

Dragons Dream TIO

Hello, thank you for visiting today. I have been in the garden alternating between crafting and gardening, and getting mucky with both. It has been a lovely day here in Essex, so it was nice to play with the plants for a while. Whilst I was doing this, I dreamt up a tag which I could enter into the challenge at Dragon's Dream. The theme was blue and the letter S.

I had an old piece of card which I had stencilled blue diamonds once side and then stencilled grunge paste through a floral stencil. On top of this I had painted it a pale peach colour. I think I was going to make something with a vintage style but had got bored and put it on a shelf. Well I painted the peach side first with Beach Hut and then South Pacific and then blended the two side with Nougart all Fresco Acrylics from Paper Artsy. I had also used perfect pearl in silver around a few of the diamonds  and created some circles as well.

  
I brightened up the floral side with some silver Treasure Gold. I created a small tag which I painted in the same colours. This formed a good base for my face stamp from Craft Indivdulas, which has a lot of black.


I felt it needed some flowers and so made three ; two in white with distress ink in Stormy Sky added to the edges and one I painted in Sky. I mixed these up as I assembled them.




I then printed out the word Selfie to add to the tag plaque 


I hope you enjoyed your visit, I would love to read your comments. See you soon

Debs xxx

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. oh that's fun!! love the photo on your tag, makes a great selfie! Thanks for joining in with the Dragons at TIO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great project Deb, love the depth of the blue on your selfie tag xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful tag, also the whole project looks wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Dragons Dream Tag It On this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's gorgeous and I love that Crafty Individual Stamp, thanks for sharing with us at the Dragons Dream TIO. Happy Easter Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work... Love the word selfie...... Fabulous texture too... Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The combination of the blues and silver is lovely Debs and I love the floral embossed side especially. Your flowers are gorgeous too and I've always loved that CI stamp on your tag. It reminds me of a photo of me when I was little ..... I wasn't quite so pretty tho, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful. It's such a sweet stamp and the textures and colour are superb. Thank you, Deborah for dreaming with the Dragons. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous! All the elements are so bold on their own then work awesome together! A real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous dwahlink! love the "Selfie". Thanks for joining us at Dragon's Dream Tio Jacqui DT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous texture, & that's one of my favourite CI images! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig