Saturday 19 April 2014

A song in my heart

Hello me again. Last one tonight, I think.

This piece was inspired by the challenge at Our Creative Corner   With a Song in your heart.  The song I have chosen is Dont Let Go by En Vogue - you can watch the video here.  http://youtu.be/gzhmSGc518w  I am entering their challenge,  as well as the challenge at the Artistic Stamper.

The lyrics I chose are, 'Lose Control'. Not something I often do. As with many women today, being 'in' control is expected. Therefore, seemingly, to 'lose' control is not accepted. We are expected to be good wives, good mothers, daughters, employees, managers, etc. additionally, in each if these roles,  we are expected to know it, and get it right, and always cope. 

Sometimes I don't want to cope. I want to lose control. Be it around love, hate, anger, laughter, tears, or any other emotion, I want to submerge myself in it, feel it, experience it whole. To do so, is to know you are alive!


The words connect me to a time in my life when I did lose control and fell deeply in love with a man who is now my husband.

Anyway I started by printing out a drawing I did and sticking it onto this wall hanging. I added pieces of paper to form a collage stuck right to edge and once dried sanded. This technique was shared by a lovely twitter friend, Julie Ann You can it here.


Next I added some embossing frantage and tiny beads. I am so loving this at the moment. I defined the butterflies with blue distress ink and black pit pen.

I also added some paper butterflies, and stamped a little around the edge using one of Ellen Vargo stamps at Paper Artsy.


I then added my Lyrics.


I really enjoyed making this. The song is quite old now but I still love it. Thanks for coming to see and I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.

Deborah x
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Hehehehe - fantastic make, love the butterflies flying out of her head - excellent idea

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole thought process behind this one Deborah and your finished project is so dramatic. The mix of textures and elements works really well. Thank you for joining us at Our Creative Corner with this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole thing is so interesting to look at Deborah and I can see your originality shining through. The pops of red are perfect. Love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ideas emanating from the lady's head... Good use of your copy of your masterboard. Absolutely outstanding Tag ArT:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love En Vogue, loved reading your beautiful post and definitely love your awesome piece! It shows the depth of thought that is behind it. And yes - loosing control is some of the most frightening things we know...but then I find that at times when I let go of control a lot of people told me how much they admired me for being this corageous to just give in instead of trying to control what one single person simply couldn't. I learned a lot from this - especially that you get a lot more help than you might expect. ;)

    And falling in love definitiely is the best reason to let go of control. ;) Thanks for the wonderful post and for sharing your beautiful make with us at Our Creative Corner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Claudia thank you so much for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  6. Sorry I've taken ages to comment, Debs. Life gets busy sometimes. However, that haunting face drew me in and I had to find the time to comment. This is such an interesting post and what you say about women needing to be 'in control' in their lives really rings true. Your artwork is beautiful - as always. You pursue many different avenues in your work, yet everything you do has your style and is totally recognizable as a lilac sparkle creation! Thank you for sharing your emotions through your glorious artwork. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I do like this xx stunning piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really dramatic interpretation of the song lyric and an altogether beautiful piece of work. Love your words in your post about the lyrics too... Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and thank you for joining us at The Artistic Stamper too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig