Sunday 11 September 2016

Travel in life

Morning everyone, thank you for popping in. Today I'm over at Country View Crafts, with my second inspiration for this months challenge. I hope I inspire you to play along. There has been some fabulous makes so far, so if you have time, pop over and have a look at all fantastic work my teammates have created.

I wanted to interpret the theme from outside the box and so thought of travelling thoughts and inspirations we have everyday, but often don't recognise we have them, because they are so automatic. I also wanted to use these birds from Prima as I just love them. In this piece they represent our thoughts.  
 

Here are some of the steps

 
 

I have used what I call the boxed in technique. I just love the effect it creatives. You can see this technique explained more here.

 

 

Lyndys Stamp Gang Sprays and water soluble crayons (Distress Crayons ) and Pencils (Inktense)

 

 

I played around to where I wanted each bird, this was just a first play and I settled without the flowers. It helped me to think about where I needed my brunches.

 

 I stamped and cut out the birds using different pages. I then shaded them with the pencils and stuck in place.

 

 
I added my words from Tim Holtz
 

And then some inspirational messages hand written in the blocks.

 

Lastly another look at the finished page. I've used my favourite colour combos in this piece, which make it pleasant to my eyes,

What's your fav colour combos you like to use?

Take care everyone and I'll see you soon

Hugs xxx

 

SHARE:

15 comments

  1. This is a beautiful piece Debs, and I love your choice of words. I love the boxed in look

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could loose myself in that background... gorgeous colours! The birds have also been coloured perfectly to fit in, and they are lovely stamps too. An inspiring piece Debs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb this is stunning. It's really good of you to show how it's been made as it's such an inspirational piece of art. Looking at this, it really does remind me of life, with all the little birds doing their own thing, it's fabulous. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely, I love your colour choices on the background and the boxed in technique looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Debs, this is beautiful! You are right these birds are fabulous, and your colours too! The texts and the words are really inspirational! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great background and fabulous finished piece. Inspirational! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh stunning Debs, you always show off those fab stamps to perfection ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really stunning Deb...such gorgeous colours and very dreamy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovethis Deb...great step by step xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovethis Deb...great step by step xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this page, Debs! The colors are beautiful and those birds are stunning.
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig