Friday 18 December 2015

New Challenge

Morning all, today starts the New Challenge at That's Crafty and it's a very simple one Anything Goes. So get your crafty hats on and come up with a crafty project to enter the challenge. There is a £20 voucher for the winner. My teammates and I have come up with some amazing projects to tempt you into the craft room so go check them out for inspiration.

 

I kept with a Christmas theme with my little cozy room, but you can do anything you fancy!

I love these little art rooms from Tando as they are so versatile, although this is my first I'm sure there will be many more.

First I made up the room

I added bricks with with texture paste and stencil

While this was drying I asked my OH to find me some Victorian style paper for the back wall. I also requested that he add a fire place with mantel and a picture above. The picture is one of our wedding in Landale with Pikes in the background. He found an old frame for it too.

 

I painted the brickwork as I wanted to create a London Stock brickwork but I didn't like the colour so changed it back to off white. At this stage I didn't really know where I was going with it and with Hindsight it probably would look better red with the finished creation.

 

I used grunge paste on the floor and fashioned it to look like old floor boards. I painted it with Burnt and Raw Umber, then used a gloss vanish.

I added some broken plant branches as fire wood and a piece of hessian for the mat. The garland on the mantle was some fresh leaves of one our conifers with some clay balls painted red. I sprinkled some glamour dust too for that Christmas sparkle.

 

The snow is from DecoArt, the tree a Tim Holtz. I used some hessian for its base and some ribbon from my stash. The clock is from Kaiser Crafts.

To add that warmth you can see in the first picture I cut a tealight into 4,and tucked it away in the left corner.

Here is a video with a show around

 

 

I hope I have inspired you to enter the challenge, take care and I'll see you soon hugs Debs xx

 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What a treat for miniatures lovers like me! I love your festive little room - great brick and wood textures, and a gorgeous warm glow from the fire - brilliant!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is stunning Debs and so full of amazing detail-so lifelike too!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig