Saturday 26 December 2015

First Powertex Play

Hello and welcome, thank you for popping in today to see what I've been up to, with new toy Powertex. My crafty pals have been playing with this fabric medium, and creating some stunning pieces. I was curious from the start and when I got to chat with them at the fabulous Art Party Leandra and Mark organised for the PATwits I was convinced I would like this product.

I bought some fabric from the Powerex web site and tore a piece off to use on a #10 gray/whiteboard tag from That's Crafty. I soaked the material in the medium and arranged it on my tag. I love how mailable the fabric became, I added some other pieces and let it dry.

Once it was dry enough to touch I painted the tag, in gold, then added some bister in Natrual and Blue. I then used some copper colour mixed with Matt medium. I included some polymer clay pieces I had created using molds.

Well there it, is my first play. I think I am hooked and will be using this much more in my mixed media creations. Take care and I'll see you hugs Debs xxx

 

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. glad you got time to play - am hoping to myself very soon! the tag looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd absolutely love it Debs, great first play xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great texture, off to investigate further, intrigued now
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Debs. Could you please send me your email? I've spotted one of your creations on Pinterest and would like to be in touch about a feature. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It loos super cool and interesting. When I showed it to my team at www.paperwriting.xyz they were amazed how beautiful it looks and how have you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fantastic! I'm eyeing the Powertex with a view to trying to make some dollshouse dolls - so I'll follow your adventures with interest! Love this gorgeous mixed media tag.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig