Saturday 1 April 2017

Rust Trio

Hello everyone, its new challenge time at Country View Crafts, and the lovely Evelyn chose the theme for us this month. It's one of my favourite, and I really enjoyed created my project. There are some fabulous inspiration from my teammates on the blog, I was blown away with all the gorgeous rustiness. As always, there is a £20 voucher to be won; so come on, whatever way you create rust, whether large or small, enter it into the challenge and £20 could be yours.

Here's my project a set of ATCs.



I used a couple of ways to create the rust, one was taught to me by Andy Skinner on one of his workshops, which you can see below. 


Each one was started off the same way, and even though I wanted them different, I wanted them to have  a common theme.
    

The rust on the items was created by simply painting them with Paper Rust, which is a brilliant medium which you can paint on paper to create a rusty look, but as you can see it's good on lots of surfaces.
 
Each one has several layers which adds to interest.

 

I hope these have inspired you to play along.
Take care hugsxxx 
 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Hi Debs these pieces are really great..love love love your rustyness xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your creations Deborah! not on CVC blog though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pieces, beautiful rust! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer - those are stunning, Deb. Amazing textures, and I love how you've layered and embellished for a really grungy look. Magic!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig