Wednesday 15 July 2015

On Your Travels...

...Is the current theme over on the Country View Challenges blog. 

Hello and welcome to this, my first post as a Design Team Member for Country View Challenges. I am so thrilled to be joining their amazing team and soooo excited. I'm also very scared! Lol!

The theme is running to the end of the month so you still have lots of time to enter the challenge; for more inspiration please visit my very talented team mates over on the blog here.


July is a good month to travel and a great time for me, being in my garden craft room. My imagination went wild and so here is my post card which has travelled around the world. 

                    

It is a bit battered, and as you can see below, the other side is just as bad.


The story Goes...

The original layer can be traced back to early 1900s in England and is thought to have been from a young woman to her sweetheart. There are remnants of a photo of a woman on a bike. 

Below you can just make out her head.

                    

The other layers seem to be a mystery, nothing much can be found about them. It looks as if the card was painted over at some time and probably done in India. It has cracked, exposing areas underneath. On top of that, it looks likes a picture, which had been painted or stamped, you can just make out some butterflies. This is similar to paintings found in some Inca pyramids.


However, there are clear stamp marks where the paint has flaked off. These marks are common in Europe.


Yet the card was discovered in Africa, like I say a mystery.

Fantasy over!

The bottom layer is a card from Tim Holtz. I used Vaseline in areas that I wanted to resist paint, then thickly painted Crackle Paint from DecoArt. Once dry I rubbed all the areas where the Vaseline sat, and the paint flaked off. I'm sorry there aren't more photos but I got carried away.
Alot of the ageing was achieved using Walnut Stain Distress Ink from Tim Holtz I also used Archival Ink for the stamping.

I really enjoyed creating this card, thinking of the stories it would have seen over the years. I hope you like too. Hope to see you tomorrow as I have another post to share. Take care all. Big hugs

Debs xxx




SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Congrats on joining the DT - your first project is a good one, shall look forward to seeing more of your creations in the future x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow gorgeous tag Debs and a big congrats on joining CVC too....you're going to be a busy crafty lady ;)
    Biggest hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. a wonderful make Debs - love all the layers - great to be working with you! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Debs, amazing layers and textures and love your story. Congratulations on being chosen as a new DT member at Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig