Friday 24 April 2015

Feeling Blue with TIO

Hello everyone. Happy Friday from me to all you peeps in crafty land. Thank you for popping in, so I can show you my Tag I created for the theme at Dragons Dreaming challenge which is blue and words.

I painted my tag with Bora Bora Fresco acrylics from Paper Artsy and when dry coated it in crackle glaze. I mixed together snowflake and Blue Oyster to make a very pale blue. 



Little tip! Keep your empty bottles to use with mixed colours. I've got one that I'm going to use for a flesh colour Im going to mixed. Frescos are great for painting faces with but I needed a slightly different shade than is available. I'll show the colour once I do it.

I coated the glaze with the blue and while it was drying I made my flowers. 

I took a 12x12 sheet of tissue paper from PA and painted it in 3 shades of blue, Smurf, Sky and and Glass Blue


Once  these were dry I folded the paper to the colours and then folded it in 3. 


There was a small amount left which I cut off. I then stamped my flowers from JOFY 32 I then cut them out. I stamped the butterfly on the remaining paper which gave me 3 layers.



I assembled the flowers and butterfly. 


The flowers were very full and could be easily moved into shape. I then stamped on the tag again using Jo's stamps. I assembled my tag and added my sentiment.

Some close ups 






I enjoyed making these flowers and hope you like my Tag.

See you soon Take care Debs xx

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Really beautiful AND a great sentiment too. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your use of the blue Debs, i do like this theme, it made me smile! So many layers on your flowers but your butterfly is exquisite, love this colour combination :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debs, this is a beautiful tag, thank you for dreaming with us at TIO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous tag Deborah! Beautiful the blue flowers in full and the butterfly looks happy. I love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Debs, I am loving your amazing flowers!! Great background, the blues really work well here. A fabulous tag! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these flowers are absolutely exquisite! This is a really gorgeous tag. Thank You for dreaming with the Dragons. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers, Debs, and they look stunning against the crackled background. Love this tag!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your crackle background but those flowers certainly are a talking point!! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Deborah and thanks for joining our challenge over at Dragons Dream
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig