Monday 9 March 2015

Altered pot

Morning everyone happy Monday. A special welcome to my two new followers I hope you enjoy sharing my creative journey.

This morning is just a quick post about my altered pot inspired by the new theme over at the Paper Artsy challeng blog, which is deconstruction  Go take a look at the fab inspiration Leandra provided us.

Well I couldnt  wait to get to started  so was in my shed early this morning. My pot started like this, it has no bottom so not sure of its original purpose. I found some heavy plastic and  cut a circle which I glued around the sides at the bottom to form a bit of a base and hold any water which drips out.


I've added a plain wooden frame as well, to act as saucer for my pot. I did get carried away and forgot my pictures but I scraped a thin layer of crackle glaze over the pot and frame and once dry coated the pot liberally in Chalk Fresco Acrylic and while drying did the same to frame. 

Once completly dry I stamped a butterfly in black archival and heat set the ink. I then applied a thin wash of Lavendar Fresco acrylic over the top.







It now lives on the fire mantle waiting for the yellow of the daffs to pop out.

Thanks for your visit and have a great week.

Big hugs Debsxxxx
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Loving your painted pot and stand Debs, lovely warm fresh colours and looks awesome with your daffs in. Well done for being so quick too! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really turned out very pretty, and the butterfly pops against the white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe you've got this deconstructed already, lol!! you even beat Hazel! It will look fabulous when the daffodils bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever Debs,so satisfying finding a new lease of life for something
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, pretty and so useful too! lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely springtime piece of art, Debs. It's like a beautiful egg cracked open to reveal the daffs growing inside. Well done for being so quick too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh so lovely, and when those flowers open it will be stunning..

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a lovely pot and wonderful home decoration. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig