Saturday 21 February 2015

Zodiac Monthly Challenge winner and new challenge.

Hello everyone thank you for visiting today. I hope you are all well and have something nice planned for the weekend. Where do the weeks go?  I have been so busy lately and having a bit of creative frenzy. I am so loving playing in my journals. I got my large Dylusions Journal yesterday and I know I'm going to love it. 
I have some very good news to share. I have been asked by Janet from Birds in the Barn in Marks Tey Essex to teach a journalling class. I was thrilled and so of course I had to say yes. It's on Aprith 11th and starts at 10 am. If you are interested then contact the shop here.

Now on to our first winner of the  Zodiac Challenge       drum roll if you please 




                                                  No 2 is Sarah B

               Big Congratulations Sarah your prize will be on its way to you very soon.
                                       And thank you to the others for taking part. 





                                                     Now onto the new challenge 



Remember this is a mixed media challenge and the Prize is some DecoArt Products ( photo to follow)

I am using DecoArt products kindly supplied by them but you can use any brand the important thing is to have some fun.

So onto the sign of Pisces which is symbolised by two fish swimming in different directions Ying and Yang. 


The fish was sacred to the Greco-Roman mythology, where it held symbolic meaning of change and transformation. We see this in the myth of Aphrodite and Heros when they turned themselves into fish in order to escape from the ferocious Typhon. 

February 19 - March 20

Pisces is the twelfth sign of the zodiac, and it is also the final sign in the zodiacal cycle. Hence, this sign brings together many of the characteristics of the eleven signs that have come before it. Pisces, however, are happiest keeping many of these qualities under wraps. These folks are selfless, spiritual and very focused on their inner journey. They also place great weight on what they are feeling. Yes, feelings define Pisces, and it's not uncommon for them to feel their own burdens (and joys) as well as those of others. The intuition of the Pisces-born is highly evolved. Many people associate Pisces with dreams and secrets, and it's a fair association, since those born under this sign feel comfortable in an illusory world. Extracted from 
http://www.astrology.com/pisces-sun-sign-zodiac-signs/2-d-d-66947


Now for my inspiration this week 

I started with some balsa wood and cut out my symbols I worked on this for a while but was not feeling the piece. It was doing nothing for me. So I changed tacked, I run aged through my scrap pile of papers and pulled out some instruction from something. I used a pallet knife and scraped some Media Fluids Acrylic across the page.



I kept the stencilling simple and used the same colour palette in areas to add some interest.



I then scraped some white on to the page I will journal on this later.



And of course  some circles




I added my fish



I finished with journalling and stamp.




Next week we will have a guest who has more inspiration for us,  shall I tell you who? No You'll have to wait and see. 

So come on have a go,  this is what you could win. 

Add your entry via the linky.

Take care and I'll see you soon 

Debs xx


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Ooh congrats Debs on your journalling class.....I'm sure all who sign up will be in for a treat ;)

    Fab make yet again,will make sure I play along again
    Have a great weekend
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this Deborah! The print in the background complements the fish perfectly. Great layers! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge Congrats to Sarah B for winning your first Zodiac Challenge and Huge Congrats to you on your Journalling Gig Debs, what a rush you must have had when you got asked, wish i could be there!

    Looking forward to taking part in the Pisces Challenge. Your inspiration is awesome gorgeous colours and beautifully hand drawn translucent and ethereal fishes :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big congrats on your journaling class! Love your Pisces piece, great background and wonderful fish. My youngest son is Pisces, but I have to say, he does not fit your description at all, in fact he is pretty much the opposite....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay I found it - just got to finish my page and get it photographed and on me blog! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting a gig there Debs and thanks for a fun and fab challenge too. Love your alteration page! Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig