Wednesday 12 June 2019

Sew lovely

Morning everyone, it’s been a while since I blogged as I’ve taken a break due to my studies. You may remember I started a Masters degree in illustration back in January and it’s been full on. However today and the next two weeks I have my regular spot as a guest  on the Chocolate Baroque blog 
Today’s project is followed by some makes I made with stamps as samples for Lesley on HOCHANDA a while back. 
All the details of today’s project can be found below. 








For this medium sized tag I have used a variety of stamps off some of my favourite sets called, Haberdashery, Floral Mannequins and Sewing Room. 

Here’s how I created it:

I used one of Tim baseboards as my background and distressed it with Distress Ink, firmly adhering it to my tag. I stamped and cut out my mannequin, flowers buttons and cotton all of which I painted with watercolours. I then aged them with Distress Ink and and adhered them to the tag. To finish, The cotton card I filled with some embroidery cotton, and added highlights to the buttons, added some tiny flowers and to add to the retro style I added a beaded hat pin. I typed my sentiment and added it to a small piece of mount board, and lastly a little trinket was added to the same cotton and tied in a bow. 


Here are some Samples 













I hope you are inspired 

Take care and I’ll see you next week with a home decor piece.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig