Saturday 11 January 2014

PA challenge 1

This tag was inspired by Helen Chilton over on the Paper Artsy's blog, you can see Helen's here.
I didn't have any water soluable oil pastels, so used my Gelatos instead. I do love playing with these and I'm still learning all the different ways to use them. 

I found some tissue paper with writing and pictures on which I liked. I tore two piece and stuck them to my tag using Claudine hellmuth matte medium. I died this off and  I scribbled with the gelatos in different colours and then used a wet finger to blend them. 

I used the diamond stencil and removed some colour with a baby wipe. This wasn't really successful so I used some distress ink and stencilled the diamond on. I liked this effect.


I then stamped my feature using Paper Artsy stamps plate ID04 which I love. I recently purchased this and this is my first play.


I added an eyelet to the hole at the top and threaded a heart and then stamped a sentiment.


And the finished tag

I really enjoyed making this tag. Thank you for looking and I would love to read your comments.xx


SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Love those colours, Deborah. I have 2 gelatos and have never used them. may have to try now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific tag Deborah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the almost ghostlike nature you've created with the background, it looks fab.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous effects on this! I love it! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. REALLY REALLY love the colours you have used. Stunning Tag, so pretty :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag! Background is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the depth of colour you've achieved here yet it's still quite transparent if that makes any sense at all.
    Great choice of images, the elements work perfectly together

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig