Saturday 11 January 2014

Spring is on it's way

I love that now christmas is over we have spring with which to look forward . My favourite seasons are spring and autum, both of which are so full of colour. The freshness of spring always lifts my spirits and when Anita at Arty Inklings announced a new challenge about spring I couldn't resist entering. You can see the challenge here.

I purchased this heart in the week and thought it would be good to use. I painted it fresco acrylics in a variety of green starting dark and getting lighter using the ombré technique.

Then I stamped a sneaky heart from Darcy uk as spring is close to my heart; I got married to the love of my life in March. I then added some tulips again in green with differing values.

I then finished off the heart with some lace, string, a bow and some pretty yellow flowers.


Thank you for looking and I would love to read your comments.
Debs xx


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Great ombré technique Deborah! Greens can be so beautiful together. Couldn't find the sneaky Darcy heart, i looked close so you hid it well lol!

    Beautiful & unique project, stunning frame. Love what you do, keep on sharing your creations with us, you are an inspiration.

    How many years in March will you have been married? Spring & Autumn are both my favourite seasons too:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful Deborah!! I think those green tones are so soothing and restful. Can just make out the heart in the background!! Thanks so much for joining my challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inventive and imaginative Deborah. Love the green. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours and what a great heart shape, lovely final finished project

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful piece, that heart is great!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig