Sunday 12 January 2014

Room Art

...Many of you are aware that I moved my craft room from my summer house to a spare bedroom as the weather changed due to the summer house not being insulated. The bedroom is slightly bigger and comfy but it is not my summerhouse. I loved it out there in the garden as it was totally My space and held many wimsey decorations and girly things. Many of my bits of equipment was hung from the walls whereas in the bedroom I do not feel able to bang holes in walls etc.

Anyway today I played for a while and then thought I'd create something to hang on the wall to help me feel like it's my room. I had recently purchased some stamps from Chocolate Baroque and thought I'd use one to create my picture. Unfortuantly there are no steps as I got too carried way. 

The back ground is distress ink in lilac, and then edged in chipped sapphire. I made a mask from the stamp to use so that I could keep the image clean. I then laid my stencil on and used a bay wipe to remove some nil to form the back ground. I then used the stencil to add some more colour.

The image was coloured  with pencils.



I also intend to enter this into a challenge at Pan Pastels which you can find here.

Thank you for looking and as always would love to read your comments.

Debsxx




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Love the background Deborah. Love the sentiment, colours work well. Enjoy your space. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Wall ArT Deborah, hope you are going to frame this :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh love this, I looked at this set of stamps in their sale and was very good and left them there!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is lovely Deborah! The summer house sounds so wonderful, but I'm sure this piece of art will brighten up your room now too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig