Saturday 11 January 2014

2nd Paper Artsy challenge

I loved the simple clean look that Clare Lloyd achived on her project ' a little bird told me' which you can see here. I wanted to create something similar but didn't have any of the stamps so my creation is improvised with what I do have.

I chose to do another tag; I masked off the part I wanted to use. Although this effect looks very simple it took me three attempts to get it right. The first time I over stamped and got some lines in the area which I didn't like. The second attempt was good, however, I had so much ink on my fingers I made the tag dirty and blotchy. My third attempt had me cleaning my hands and being careful not to push too hard on my stamp.

The stamp I used was ink block, which was one I chose as a prize from Artistic Stamper. I first stamped in black, then red and then lilac.

Once this was dry I chose a flower stamp and repeated  the process and then added some butterflys.i

I appreciate how keeping it looking simple can actually be a lot harder than it looks. 

Thank you for looking and as always would love to read your comments.

Debs xx
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. So pretty and effective. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Thanks for joining the challenge. Clare @ PaperArtsy. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab Tag, love the Marion Emberson flower (i have that set), lovely work:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant tag and lovely effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i like this, the shadowed, layered stamping is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you stamped the three different colours. Must try that. Love your border. I'm with you on the CAS but not so S!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for comment and taking time to look at my blog x

      Delete
  7. Oh I love your strip of colour, great idea to stamp in 3 diff colours, looks very effective indeed

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig