Saturday 18 January 2014

Casket


Afternoon everyone I hope you are all having a great weekend. Today I am sharing my little casket I created following Julie Ann Lee's creation on Paper Artsy blogg which you can see here. It really is worth checking out Julie Ann's casket because it really is fab and she is so lovely.

Well my casket is full of little secrets which in my imagination is owned by a forlorn woman whoes greatest love is missing. The caskets contains a map rolled up to protect it, as it has the place marked on it, where he was last seen. There is a post card from him, telling her how much he loves her. A crumpled note requesting a clandestine meeting before he he leaves, and flower from the garden where they met. There is a a tiny bottle with a clipping of his hair, and of course a heart to represent their love.

Now that's enough of my romanticism here is the casket. All the materials used are from Paper Artsy except the glossy accents and embellishments which are from various places.

The box is coated in sage and left to dry. I then stencil flowers with grunge paste on the top and again leave to dry.


Next I coat the sides and parts of the top with crackle glaze and while this is drying, I paint my flower with a mix of sage and beach hut. I paint the box with the same colour and as it's drying watch it do it's magic. 

I coat the flowers with treasure gold and stamp onto the top and sides using stamps from this set, which I won in a blog challenge at Paper Artsy.

I'm adoring this set and have some ideas of what I want to use them for which I'll share later.


I added the flower and metal embellishment (Julie Ann creates a great feather but I felt my box was too small)


And now for the inside





Thank you so much for looking and as always would love to read your comments 
Hugs Debs xxx
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. Gorgeous! I feel bad now for not being able to come up with what I wanted to put in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Deborah. Colours, stamps used and overall feel is luscious. Like the story behind it. Love your stamps that you won. Fabulous project. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Deborah! Love the story behind the contents too... may have to try and come up with something for mine... if I can!! Love the colour of your casket, and the embellishments you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a romantic you are and i love it! Your story makes me want to see the contents of the box but at the same time hope she doesn't cry too much as she remembers her lost Love.

    STUNNING casket, stunning colours, a definite keepsake and treasure. thanks for sharing your ArT :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, the colours and texture are just all kinds of yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful and I love that you made a back story up for your piece.

    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your imagination really took flight with this! It is so beautiful, Deborah and I love the story you told, even though it was a little bit sad. I do hope you enjoyed playing along because I loved looking at your creation! Haunting and ethereal work. I feel privileged that my little box inspired this! Thank you for your kind words about me! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful story to go with a wonderful box and contents x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful box, I love how you've decorated it, and the 'story' of the contents xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous box, I love every detail and colours. Inside is lovely stuff in box too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your box is absolutely beautiful! And I love the story behind all the pieces inside - so imaginative!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally beautiful box Deborah and you and Julie Ann make a wonderful pair weaving your stories for us!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a beautiful box and a fantastic story to go with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely live this xx, just the kind of trinkets I'm after for use in the studio, oh the imagination runs wild xxxx very well done, fantastic project xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig