Saturday 25 January 2014

Something a bit different for me


It has been an amazing week over on the Paper Artsy blog, so much talent, we were spoilt. Earlier in the week Ellen Vargo was a guest designer. She did three amazing posts using a brayer and fresco acrylics. you can see Ellen's creations here.

I chose to have a go at Ellen's second post which was cards. I used an A3 piece of water colour paper adding several colours from the fresco' range from Paper Artsy.


I used the brayer and spread the colours out. I dried  this layer and then added more colours, but by now I had got excited and so forgot to take pictures.

I got the colours to how I wanted to see them and then added some printed tissue paper, in places some stamping in different colours and once dry cut the page into 4.


At this point I wasn't sure whether I liked what I was seeing the colours were dark and not my usual pallet. I decided that I would finish them and then decide. So next I attempted to add the black feature stamp and some black stamped foliaged but OMG it was so hard my ink would not stick to the paint

As you can see from this picture it is barely showing. So I made myself a coffee and thought about how to get round the problem. What I decided was to stamp the flowers onto white card and cut them out. I did for the four cards and used distress ink straight from the pad- with hindsight I would have used the fresco translusent paints as I think these would have given a more vibrant colour.

I stuck the flowers on and used a black pen to draw their out line direct onto the card. I used distress ink in black soot at the bottom of the cards dragging it up slightly to give the appearance of foliage and then added some fine lines in black.

I stamped some sentiments and mounted them onto black card and then mounted the whole thing onto white card. And here they are.






I decided I do like them and glad I was able to think of a way to save them from the bin lol

I hope you have enjoyed my process and look forward to reading your comments.

Hugs Debs xx
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Love how you rectified your little problem Deb

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you decided you like them or we'd have all had to tell you off!!!!!! These are brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  3. IMHO this is the best of all the makes from Ellen this week. You have made the focal image pop & enhanced the background too.

    Glad you had to wait it out with a coffee, the result is clever & ArT at it's best.

    Stunning work Deborah, lucky people who receive one of these cards, my fave is the turquoise/blue flower one:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You saved them spectacularly! I love that flower, especially in the blue, it was a perfect choice for these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing Deborah, glad you didn't give up on them!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I am so glad I got round to seeing these at last! I am supposed to be cleaning, but it's so much more fun looking at these! Deborah, they look terrific! What a superb idea you came up with after that restoring cup of coffee! The colours of the flowers are amazing against that abstract bg - a work of art every one! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. saw the photo you tweeted, but for some reason didn't see the link to your blog post - totally LOVE these cards - the flower stamp is fab - what (whose) is it?? Well rescued, you did so beautifully, these are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're stunning! The flowers really stand out. Love them. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig