Tuesday 21 January 2014

DLP week one and two

Many of you will know about the Documented Life Project but those who don't, can find information in my previous blog.

I have been lagging behind but have added some pages to my  journal

I decorated the cover - I first jessoed the cover in white and then played with my Gelatos. Once that was dry I used a stencil and baby wipes to remove some colour you can see where I got this technique from here.  It is by Helen  Chilton

I then got out my primary elements adding colours here and there. I then played with pens and stamped some sentiments.









I have now added the week one prompt - my front door 



I printed it off onto normal copy paper and then added it to my journal page which I had brayed using Ellen Vargo's  technique and fresco acrylic paints - see Ellen's work on the paper artsy blog here.




I smudged snowflake around the door to blend it in and added some circles.


For week two it was a selfy - I thought long and hard about what I wanted to add and decided to go for my eye. I added an eye to a document and manipulated it to make it grungy but then played again 
Until I had a softer look; one I thought I could blend in.

I again used my brayered and frescos 

Loved these colours and then came my eye 

I added some blue and ginger and continued to play until I got the final look





Bit of a long post today hope you didn't get bored. Thank you for looking.

Any comments would be lovely to read x
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Oooh great projects going on there, love the background that houses your eye

    Great makes - Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy Deborah. Bet that you are really pleased with your work. The eye is tremendous. Colours are genius. Love the cover and everything. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Deborah, love how you used the EV technique with your front door, which is lovely by the way! Getting some fab colour into your DLP Journal.

    Your eye page is fascinating, really different & very memorable, you do have a way with colour which i love.

    Glad you are catching up, going to try & get my four prompts done this week. Lots to do to catch up with you & evedyone else:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. I really enjoyed taking a look. I love the way you played with colour and the front door was terrific, also the eye. You can really tell that you are having fun and getting loads of pleasure from DLP. Sounds like a great idea. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, love how you combined your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journal page is stunning with that big eye - love it! Thanks so much for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh the eye page looks amazing, love the brave red BG from the start, really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deborah these are wonderful art page projects! You are so inspiring; i want to find time to do some of my own...your eye page is so thought provoking and the journal cover is gorgeous!
    hugs,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful pages Deborah! I love the one with the eye!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. briliant work - the backgrounds on these are both fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pages, and I love your eye.

    Jox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic projects, I love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic work on all your pages and cover Deborah. Love the quote about the look in your eye!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig