Sunday 5 January 2014

Ooh la la

I have loved decorating this plain wooden jewellry box. I was inspired by Leandra at Paper Artsy who demonstrated a heart she had decorated, you can watch it here. She also set us challenge which closes today at 5 pm today. I was pushed for time but this is what I have come up with.

I started by painting the box in sherbet from the fresco acrylic range. I added some grunge paste but did not colour it as you can do because I knew I would be covering it in a different colour. I then arranged my elements where I wanted them.


I sprayed them with a mini mister filled with a light pinky mauve from primary elements. This was more of an experiment to start but I loved the effect.



I dried this off and went back to my fresco paints to build up depth of colour. First coat was lilac, second coat, pansy and last coat squid ink.


 I took the colour out a bit as advised by Leandra to add depth to the underneath wiping it off with a baby wipe.

I then sprayed three coats of the primary elements in pink, mauve and then purple. I mixed the colours on the top of the box so that it was all blended.

I dried these coats and then added some treasure cold in silver to the tips of the elements which beautifully finished it off.









I hope you have enjoyed looking through the photos. I would love to read your comments. 

Hugs Deborah xx
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Perfect addition to your jewellery box Debs, great colour combo and love your arrangement of 'stuffs'

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, I love the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all your embellies even before you sprayed them - but the finished box looks fabulous, just love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, colour is great and love your clusters.

    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, an amazing transformation. Great looking box, beautiful colours & the TG worked a treat :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Second time lucky posting this. I think that this project is luscious Deborah. The silver treasure gold looks amazing. Fabulous composition and a wonderful box to treasure for ever. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful alteration to your box Deborah. Love your arrangement of embellishments and the colours are so pretty. It's quite amazing how the TG just finishes everything off perfectly!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig