Saturday 14 June 2014

Sara Naumann inspired Fathers Day Card

Good evening and welcome. I hope you have a had a good week and you're enjoying the weekend.

This week for me, has been a time for families. My daughter and family are all prepared for the arrival of their daughter due next month. All of us are eager to wish her welcome. My sister and I chatted for ages on the phone - not something for which we often have time. In addition Dad is coming for lunch to celebrate Fathers Day.

I have been putting off making him a card, as I'm really not wanting to make cards. I loved making cards last year but this year it feels like a chore. I connect this to my need to let my art happen intuitively rather than plan it all out as you do in a card. (Well sort of ). So, making them feels difficult!  However, make them I must, or else I feel guilty, uncomfortable. 

Now,  there is a point to my waffle; over on the Paper Artsy blog this week Sara Naumann brought us this lovely creation. I loved her cards and thought the techniques would work great for my Dad's card.

I am entering this card into the challenges over on these sites



I used distress ink in various blues, stamped and spritzed onto my craft mat. I applied it to my white card with a brayer, drying in between layers. 
















My stamps are from IndigoBlu A5 plates, A Beautiful Mind and Take the a Time  I assembled the card and stamped the sentiment and added the embelishments.

Thank you for your visit. Big hugs Debs xxxx



SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Brill idea to do card for Dad. Works really well Deborah. Well done. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he'll love it Deb, hope you all have a lovely day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card Deborah, the background looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a family week for me too Debs with 2 days at Daughter's at beginning of week and OH and I are off to Son & Dil's for dinner tomorrow so I will have seen all our grandchildren I one week! Not often that happens, lol!

    Great idea to use Sarah's inspiration for your Dad's card and it turned out perfectly. I rarely have a plan with the cards I make. Usually I start with a stamp or stencil i want to use and it evolves from there, lol! I'm sure your Dad will be thrilled with his card!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! It works brilliantly and it's a fantastic interpretation of Sara's idea: you have made it your own! I feel exactly as you do about card making. Everything you said about it rang true and it was not waffle at all! I think as we gain in confidence and our creativity takes flight card-making begins to feel inhibiting. However, this beautiful creation is more than a card - it's a work of art truly. Your dad will love it! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very cool card! Love your take on the washi tape inspiration, and it makes such a great background for the fabulous Vitruvian Man. Love the bluesy colour tones too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Country View Crafts.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, love that Vitruvian man,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card looks so clever and it is beautifully designed. In fact it looks anything other than 'forced' and I bet your dad was thrilled to bits with it. Thanks for joining us at IndigoBlu. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning design. Thanks for sharing your design in the IndigoBlu Challenge
    P xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry i am late commenting Debs! :-) xxx

    LOVE your card very much, all the stamps and colours works so well together, bet your Dad was really pleased with his card.

    I can understand why your feel the way you do about card making there is So Much More TO Learn out there and So Much More to play with why stay making cards. You have gained confidence in your skill set and it has been a pleasure to see your journey take flight :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous, love all the detail. Thank you for joining in with the IndigoBlu Challenge ..... good luck!
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic design Deb, bet your Dad loved his card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Deb, fab card, really well put together, hope your Dad liked it as much as we do. Good luck in the Indigoblu challenge this month.
    NIkki K. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. And back again to say thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie too! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig