Saturday 21 June 2014

Inspired by Emma's flower card, well sort of...

I still have cards to make, so when Emma did one for the Paper Artsy challenge blog last night I thought, thank you, I think I will.

I needed a male card so had to adapt the flower. The card I used was a butterfly cut one. I cut myself a piece of card to fit the front and masked off the part that would cover the butterflies.


I would take the mask off once I was finished and paint the strip in a contrasting colour. All the paint I used is from the Paper Artsy fresco Acrylic range.

I added Irish Cream and Haystacks to my card and mixed together adding a little Cinnamon to add some depth of colour.


I stamped a flower,  happy birthday round the edge and a sentiment in black archival ink. I applied a coat of satin glaze which is lovely.


I added some more stamping in a lighter colour. I wanted it to be less prominent.


A die cut flower, which I had stamped, was secured with a brad and clock hand to the card. I added a few splatters to finish off. The card did deviate from Emma's but it has a stamped and painted background, a flower which has stamping on it, lol.


Once I'd finished I took the mask off the back and painted it in Baltic Blue.



Once it was dry I attached the front to the card. This gives colour to the background of the butterflies when you open the card.


Thank you stopping by, see you soon

Debsxx

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. oh lovely, i do like that butterfly strip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect and great male card, they are soooo hard to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever idea Deborah, beautifully put together. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Debs. I do love those die cut cards and the different ways you've used them.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig