Sunday 1 June 2014

June Sunset

Hello and welcome. Over on 'Our Creative Corner' this month's challenge is Orange. . This is not a colour I use a lot. I find hot colours ok but I do not connect to them the way I do with cooler colours. But here I go?

I used several reds and yellows Fresco acrylics from Paper Artsty brayed onto a tag


I then stamped in archival ink from Darcy 07 and heat set.



I used some paper from my scrap box which has gold thread sewn in in places, which I added brusho to in lemon and scarlet. 



I also added some champagne from the Frantage range.


I carried on adding elements until I had created a tag which represented 'loving be at home with pretty flowers just as the sun starts to set. The sky is alive with colour which glints and shines all around.



'Every SUNSET gives us one day less to live, but every SUNRISE gives us one day more to hope.'

Ritu Ghatourey


Thanks for looking, take care Debs xxx
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Beautiful colours, really evocative of sunset. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the "Flaming June" challenge! Wow!
    Thanks for sharing your awesome tag with us at Our Creative Corner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW stunning Tag, you have captured the flaming part of the challenge so well.

    I also see a new colour combo for me orange and purple, need to try this very soon, thank you for the inspiration!

    Even though i dislike working with hot colours sunrises and sunsets always captivate my soul, there is something so very special when they occur.

    Beautiful ArT Deborah:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colours are tricky aren't they, (I found it really hard too) Absolutely love your tag though, it looks fabulous! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really gorgeous Deborah, you did a great job with the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Deborah, it certainly doesn't look as if you had any trouble at all with my challenge at Our Creative Corner! I really love the way you've created that stunning background and deepened the colours here and there to create depth and interest. You have captured a sunset beautifully in your tag. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this month.
    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow great take on the challenge, I just love the gorgeous textured background with all the texture on it!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum - just love how you've built up the layers of colour, stamping and texture in that background - what a glorious sunset tag! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig