Wednesday 18 May 2016

Yupo part two

Hello everyone, sorry it's so late but wanted to share my second play with Yupo. If you missed yesterday's post you can view it here.   
  I used Black Gesso, then crackle paint, followed by burnt umber Antiquing Cream, all from DecoArt. I spray sealed it and added some  Distress Crayon in chipped sapphire but as I blended I could see purple and black, you can see this in top left of above picture. I used media Fluids and Andy Skinner stencils again from DecoArt.   

It painted on easily and you can make lots of textures

 

This started off blue but you can see where the distress crayon has changed colour

 

The colours were very translucent but I like the effect

Great crackle where it cracked, but it didn't crack everywhere! 

 

I think it stood up well to all the layers which were 7 and I struggled a little to keep it neat but that's me not the paper. Although I've enjoyed playing with it I'm not sure it's giving me anything unique yet. I will play some more, next is grunge paste and sprays. 

 

Take care and I'll see you soon

Hugs Debs xx

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. It maybe hasn't given you anything different yet Debs but this surely is fabulous! Love all the texture and the translucent colours.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great playing Deborah. Good idea to chuck everything at it to see what happens! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig