Monday 20 October 2014

Radiant faces 7

Hello welcome to my Monday night play. On Radient Faces lesson 7 was with Dina Wakely. I love her open style it's so full of colour and expression. Her girls always have a story to tell. 

I loved doing this but boy did I find it challenging, although it was so enjoyable. I am so glad I signed up for this workshop I think it is one of the best I have done. 

Any way my girl, I pretty much followed Dina's way she demonstrated.

I started with some tissue and painted on some Media line acrylic paint in sky lime and yellow.


 I placed a stencil underneath the tissue and rub an oil pastel over the top. I used to make rubbings in this way as child on trees, lol.


Once this was dry I used a stencil ontop in night 


This was then put to one side to dry. I continued a piece  of white card by adding magenta and yellow, then placed a stencil on top and rubbed some paint away. I allowed this to dry then dribbled some acrylic ink in magenta. As this dried I picked up some of the ink and used it in a face stencil.

Unfortuantly I forgot to take photos so will talk you through it. Once the background was dry using a Stabilo all pencil, I drew my girl. Using the patterned tissues I filled in her top. And here she is




Thank you for looking, take care, and come back soon 

Debsxx




SHARE:

6 comments

  1. WOW Deb, I have no idea what you did, you lost me after you'd put it aside to dry - hehehehe!! But glad you carried on with it, fabulous result and love your end project xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect DW Scribbly Girl, she looks amazing. Enjoyed your description of how you made her. Fabulous!!! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is stunning! This course really does seem to be inspiring you. You are creating such interesting and vibrant faces. Love them! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. abulous background and I love how the face appears out of it! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning masterpiece! It's amazing how much progress you have made Deborah. I love looking at your work. You must be so proud! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your faces are getting really fabulous Debs and gaining in character everyday.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig