Saturday 6 February 2016

Journal Page

Hi everyone, thanks for popping in. I had a play today with some new stamps, and had so much fun.

 

I was thinking about the next workshop I'm teaching, wanting to get some ideas down. I love these big flowers and thought they would be perfect for showing shading. I'm afraid the photo doesn't show the true colours as the light was very poor.

I also wanted to be able to incorporate Crackle Glaze onto the page and the scribbled circles were a perfect size. I used Gold for the first coat which looks lovely, but again it's hard to see in the photo. In the pic below, it shows up well on the one in shadow.

On this page the background was one I had wiped off my brush, which had chalk acrylic paint. It was a nice start to the page and gave me ideas for other colours without over thinking it - which is my worse nightmare. Sometimes I get so caught up in the thinking, that I don't actually get anything done. So if I can give you a tip I've learnt, don't think about what you are doing too much. Go with the compulsions you feel, as this is your intuition.

I chose to shade the flowers in similar colours to the background, as I wanted to create harmony on my page. Sometimes I will use opposing colours to make them pop. I used the cut circles as my focal point and because of the lightness of them your eyes are drawn there. I added some dots too, giving interest; dots are cropping up in a lot of my art lately, and seem to be poplar everywhere.

 
I finished with a sentiment in the scribbled circle at the top and as it didn't print the 'art' fully, it gave me the opportunity to exaggerate the word with the large Art at the bottom.

If you want to know more about materials or techniques I used, please leave me your questions in the comments box and I will try to answer them.

Bye for now Hugs Debs xx

 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig