Friday 27 January 2017

Masterboard

Hello everyone, today I'm over at Country View Crafts where I showed a Masterboard and what I made from it, all which can be seen below.

 

Do you ever create Masterboards? They are so handy to have a ready background to use for your crafty makes as I show here on this post. I think I first came across Masterboards on the Paper Artsy blog when Jo Firth Young showed how to make with her lovely stamps.

I didnt use feature stamps on my mine but you could quite easily, instead I used a few background stamps Here's how I created mine!


I keep my Fresco Acrylic Paints by Paper Artsy in the middle draw of a plastic set of 3, and for this project I challenge myself by just reaching in and pulling out 4 colours at Random and this is what I got!



Quite a nice mix I thought!

 
I applied the colours in no particular order using a small brayer. I wanted a grungy look and was pleased how this came out.

 
I added some script and texture stamps again randomly over the page which was a 12x12 heavyweight card stock. Although I liked this, I wanted to warm it up a bit and so chose Tikka Fresco Acrylic and a bottle top stamped randomly adding the colour.

 

I do apologise for the blurry photo but wanted to show some of what I cut from the 1 sheet. I actually managed to get 2
card backgrounds a Tag, a book mark and 4 ATCs not bad! The strips that I cut off will also come in handy to use in collage pieces.


 

 

 

Here are some of the projects I made which you can see in the main photo at the top!


 

 

 


 

 

See how versatile they can be!
Hope you liked seeing how to make this if you have any questions please leave in the comments.

 

   
                                               Paper Artsy - Fresco Acrylic Paint, stamps used  ELB 29, 30.                                                                                

Take care everyone and stay Creative 
Hugsxx
 
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Very rave to pick at random Deborah! Good examples of versatility of masterboard. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab masterboard, great random selection!!. Enjoyed all of the projects that you were able to create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely selection of cards, tags and other little treasures you have created form just one master board, such a great technique. Thanks for sharing your delightful creations, and love you felted charm too,I'd really love to know how you made that.
    Warmest best wishes from across the miles in France,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Susanne, and so pleased you enjoyed the post. I will do a quick post on how I made both the felt items over the weekend. Hugs Debs😊

      Delete
  4. Loving the colours looks great xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making masterboards and your post shows how useful and versatile these are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both masterboard and finished items are beautiful. Love the felt items too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I haven't done a masterboard for ages and yours is a fabulous example to get me going again, great makes with it too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just a little late to the party, but so happy I made it! Your masterboard is stunning and each of your projects using it are fabulous! Is that a little felted bunny I see there??! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig