I started by sketching out the face using a graphite pencil and once happy, I switched to Prima Water Soluble Pencils to block in some colour.
Next I used white acrylic paint to lighten the face and added Prima Water soluble Oil Pastels to add more shadows.
I moved between the Oil Pastels and Pencils until I felt I had the skin tone to where I was happy. I added Inktense Pencils to add the brighter colours.
The background was created using Ecoline watercolours in purple and I added a little blue to the hair. I used a black Stabilo pencil to darken the eyes and to give details.
The background stamping was created using butterflies and text from Rubber Dance
Hello everyone, welcome! Thank you for stopping by as I have one of my faces to share with lots of photos showing the different stages it went through before I finished. I put the detail and materials I used at the bottom of the post, so sit back and scroll through the stages, and I'll see you at the bottom!
I hope the photos helped to show how she developed
I hope you enjoyed this post and would love to hear your thoughts.
This is a short biography of the post author. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus nullam quis ante maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec.
you may also like
Hello everyone, on Sunday I demoed at the Paper Artsy stand at Ally Pally. It was my first time visiting The Palace and my first time demoin...
Good morning everyone, thank you so much for popping in. You may recall a couple days back I hit 100 followers, and said I would do a rand...
Hello everyone, I have a great start to the week for you all, as Rubber Dance Stamps By Bibi Lindahl have a new look to their blog and a ...
- ▼ 2017 (19)
- ► 2016 (156)
- ► 2015 (223)
- ► 2014 (208)
Deborah Wainwright. Powered by Blogger.