Sunday 30 March 2014

Jo Myhill inspired

Good morning lovelies, happy Mother's Day to all you mum's out there. I hope you all have a fab day.

Since Jo blogged her pot of tulips on the Paparr Artsy blog I've have been itching to play along. I was blown away of how she altered the pot and the tulips looked so good. You can see the lovely Jo's here.

So here is my attempt, I showed my mum my pot and her comment was 'did you make that' which made me laugh.

I started with a teracota pot as I could not find a tin pot anywhere.


 I used most of the colours from the special addition fresco paints until I was happy with the colour. I then used the rusting powder and some embossing powers to add more texture. I added some frantage which was recommended to me as a great product by Jo and she was right I love it.


Now onto my tulips I - I decided to make three for my pot in a similar way but keeping the colours in the purple range as I wanted this pot to sit in my dining room.





And here it is - thank you for looking and as always love to read you comments xx

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Debs this really pretty and your pot is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, your tulips are fabulous - so is the pot, but I really like your tulips! Great colours. Fancy your dining room being a purple-y colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so pretty, Debs, I love that sentiment and it is such a great idea to have it as a tulip petal like that. I also love those smooth pebbles arranged around the base of the pot. I loved Jo's project and it's been great seeing all the different interpretations of it. Your lacy terracotta planter looks amazing. I love the colour combo you picked. It must look beautiful in your living room. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh very nice, i love the colours, nice addition with the pebbles too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, they look great, the terracotta looks fab and I agree the pebbles at the bottom really make it as a home decor piece. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Debs, stunning and inspired project indeed. Love your colour palette!

    Hope you enjoying Mothers Day:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab project. Love terracotta pots. Looks good with the lace and I really like the idea of the sentiment in the tulips. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the grunged up pot, the Frantage does indeed look fantastic. The multi-layered tulips are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the make over your terracotta pot has been treated to Debs. It looks great and I must give that frantage a whirl! Your tulips are amazing and very clever with the quote making up one of the petals. Lovely and unique home decor piece.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig