Simple birthday card

A colleague of mine has a birthday in a few days time, so I thought I'd make her a card. I know she doesn't like cards to be too fussy or pretty so thought I would keep it simple.

I started with Centura Pearl and and some dark pink card


I embossed the pearl card with a butterfly embossing folder from Sizzix.



I then used distress ink in Peacock lightly over the butterflies and used chipped sapphire around the edges. I kept it light. I also added a ribbon.




Next I added a bow and brad and assembled the card. I added another butterfly and a stamped a sentiment. Lastly I added some liquid pearls.





I'm sorry the photos aren't very good - I lost the light and so used artificial light which has dulled the colours slightly.

Thank you for looking. Please leave a comment. X


Deborah Wainwright
Deborah Wainwright

This is a short biography of the post author. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus nullam quis ante maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this - it's so elegant and subtle... the shimmer on the embossing in the corner is wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colleague will love her card! Very elegant & love the subtle colours :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Popular Posts