Painted face


The afternoon marched on and just could not motivate to make more cards. I wanted to paint and after tweeting with Hazel decided that I would do just that so here is my face. I started drawing her and decided to draw an upturned face. I have never drawn the like this before so re- watched Jane davenport's  drawing emotions and in particular her upturned face. 



I sketched out my face using col-erase by prismacolour. I then added some washes using neocolour ll by carandashe. 


I built up the colour using both mediums until I got the depth I wanted. Once I had got there I played around with colours until I had finished. Never no when to stop really.



Thank you for looking. Please leave your comment especially where you think I might develop. I will not be offended I want to learn :)
Debs xxx
Deborah Wainwright
Deborah Wainwright

This is a short biography of the post author. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus nullam quis ante maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec.

4 comments:

  1. I think your upturned girl is beautiful.

    Can say that because i cannot
    draw at all so to me you are
    amazing at drawing. You can also see a lovely girl looking upward which is what you wanted us to see.

    Brilliant work:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't draw to save my life, so it looks pretty good to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry, that sounds as if it only looks good because I can't draw not because it's not good.... going now before I dig the hole any bigger!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go girl. Fabulous drawing from a difficult angle. Easy to make her look like a pig from that angle but is fabulous. Will go and draw a face myself now....bye. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Popular Posts