Not just for the birthday but to keep...

I wanted to make something nice for my sister in-law. She always make us such nice cards using cross stitch pictures that she sews, and which are nice to keep as pictures. So what could I do I thought... Well this is what I cam up with. A card with an embellishment that could be taken off and hung up. 

First I collected my supplies 

And some stamps


I also decided to make a small plaque. I cut a piece of mounting card approx 3x2in. I laid some trinkets on it and some sparkle ( couldn't forget the sparkle) I then covered it with clear UTEE. Once it was dry I sand the sides and used an alcohol pen to add a distress look to the sides. I added some raffia with which to hang it and added a bow.



It looked rough but I liked that look as it suited the card I wanted to make.

I used  an A5 card and stamped some script randomly around the edge in coffee archival ink. I then stamped the designs onto white card. The bodice didn't quite take all the ink leaving it patchy! No problem I thought, so I took my true black alcohol pen and filled in the bits that were missing.

I used distress ink around the stamps and then mounted them onto some pretty paper that matched my design. Next I assembled the card adding some lace and buttons to finish it off.
 And so here is the finished card.











Thank you for looking I hope you enjoyed how this came together. I would love to hear your views, you can leave your thoughts below. TTFN Debs xx
Deborah Wainwright
Deborah Wainwright

This is a short biography of the post author. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus nullam quis ante maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec.

4 comments:

  1. Another fab card, the plaque doesn't look rough, it looks full of interest, texture & your signature sparkle. A little treasure for your SIL.

    Not heard of a true black alcohol pen before, sounds like it needs to be an essential component in your craft kit!

    Your SIL will adore her card:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful gift/card for your SIL! I love the utee encased embellishments, what a great idea!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fab creation, getting very clever!!!! We'll done xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card - the UTEE'd plaque is just brilliant! I just popped over to say thank you so much for your lovely words on my PaperArtsy creations earlier this month - so much appreciated. Sorry it's taken me so long to catch up!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Popular Posts