Wednesday 28 February 2018

A note set for Paper Artsy

Hello everyone, how are things where you are? It’s been cold and snowy here, which for many is a nuisance and obviously it can be dangerous, but also so very beautiful. I’m  fortunate to have moved into my new home and be able to enjoy a few days off from work to enjoy the spectacular views. Feeling very grateful!

Also with with gratitude in mind I’m sharing a little project that is on the Paper Artsy blog using some of Sara Naumann’s new stamps. I really loved this set of stamps, and new straight away what I wanted to create.



I am fascinated with writing sets, you know the kind? Folded card with a design on with a matching envelope all kept in a pretty box, well this project is my take on just that. I’ve brought it bang up to date using a journal style folding book which opens to reveal the cards and envelopes. It also has a ribbon closure which winds round to keep everything in place.

I used my favourite watercolours paints Gansai Tambi, by Kuretake, which are high pigmented gloss finish watercolours and come in some beautiful colours. I used a very simple technique of wet in wet, allowing the colours to mix and blend, finished off with a splash of gold. Theses backgrounds were perfect for Sara Stamps,  ESN, 23/24.

Here are some process shots and close ups






















And there you have it!

I hope you like this set of cards and notelets and thanks for popping in.

Take care my crafty friends and I’ll see you all soon

Hugs Xxx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig