New Challenge

Morning all, today starts the New Challenge at That's Crafty and it's a very simple one Anything Goes. So get your crafty hats on and come up with a crafty project to enter the challenge. There is a £20 voucher for the winner. My teammates and I have come up with some amazing projects to tempt you into the craft room so go check them out for inspiration.

 

I kept with a Christmas theme with my little cozy room, but you can do anything you fancy!

I love these little art rooms from Tando as they are so versatile, although this is my first I'm sure there will be many more.

First I made up the room

I added bricks with with texture paste and stencil

While this was drying I asked my OH to find me some Victorian style paper for the back wall. I also requested that he add a fire place with mantel and a picture above. The picture is one of our wedding in Landale with Pikes in the background. He found an old frame for it too.

 

I painted the brickwork as I wanted to create a London Stock brickwork but I didn't like the colour so changed it back to off white. At this stage I didn't really know where I was going with it and with Hindsight it probably would look better red with the finished creation.

 

I used grunge paste on the floor and fashioned it to look like old floor boards. I painted it with Burnt and Raw Umber, then used a gloss vanish.

I added some broken plant branches as fire wood and a piece of hessian for the mat. The garland on the mantle was some fresh leaves of one our conifers with some clay balls painted red. I sprinkled some glamour dust too for that Christmas sparkle.

 

The snow is from DecoArt, the tree a Tim Holtz. I used some hessian for its base and some ribbon from my stash. The clock is from Kaiser Crafts.

To add that warmth you can see in the first picture I cut a tealight into 4,and tucked it away in the left corner.

Here is a video with a show around

 

 

I hope I have inspired you to enter the challenge, take care and I'll see you soon hugs Debs xx

 

Deborah Wainwright
Deborah Wainwright

This is a short biography of the post author. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus nullam quis ante maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec.

2 comments:

  1. What a treat for miniatures lovers like me! I love your festive little room - great brick and wood textures, and a gorgeous warm glow from the fire - brilliant!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is stunning Debs and so full of amazing detail-so lifelike too!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Popular Posts