Sunday 13 December 2015

New Challenge at Mixed Media World

Hello everyone thank you for popping in. Today I'm sharing my inspiration for the new challenge. This month I chose the theme which is simply colours. You can do anything you like as long as it is mixed media.

Here's the palette I chose

This month we also have a sponsor who has generously offered 3 Etsy designs from The Old Vintage Shop

.

 

Here is what I created

I used a white gray board from That's Crafty and added Fresco Acrylic Paint to the background. I blended the colours in some areas. Colours are Slate, Concrete, Lake Wanika Chalk and French Roast.

 
Using the same palette I started to create my girl

I then added more detail using a Stabilo All pencil in white and black

I added water to the pencil and made it drip
I added some highlights

I finished with some symbols on the background

The finished picture

 

Please visit Mixed Media World for all the fabulous creations my team mates have created to inspire you. I'll be back soo but until then take care of yourselves, hugs Debs xxx

 

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. oooh am really, really loving this Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful face as always Debs and love those subtle colours too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's a colour palette guaranteed to make me happy - and what a wonderful face you've created with it. The depth created by the shading is so effective, and I love the white accents to bring her eyes to life.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you chose this fabulous color palette. This artwork is phenomenal! I love this so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely interpretation and I think you have done a lovely job on the folds in the fabric, really great work. Cxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig