Saturday 22 August 2015

Gels and Mediums with Paper Artsy

Hello everyone welcome to my blog, where tonight I'm sharing a project I made for Paper Artsy's current challenge Gels and Mediums. The challenge ends soon but there is still time to enter.

Leandra has provided us with some amazing information on gels and mediums all of which you can see here. There is some fabulous inspiration on blog so if you have never played with these before then check it out. There is even a Master Class by Leandra and Lin Brown shows how to create some fabulous looks too.

I used an 8x8 grey/white board from Paper Artsy and painted it in these colours. 

                                      

The next layer was Crackle Glaze by Paper Artsy followed once dry with a coat of Fresco Paint in 
Chalk. Before I added the glaze I had added some petroleum jell to act as a resist. 

I got some lovely cracks and I loved the colours the shining through. Once this was completely dry I gave it a coat of Matt Medium and dried it with a heat tool. I did this because I knew I was going to use some spray inks and wanted to be able to wipe it off the areas I didn't want it.



                           

Now I planned out my board. I mixed some grunge paste with A little Fresco Paint in Holly and filled a syringe with the mixture. I then drew out a tree with some branches and then filled the inside with lots of texture and knotts. I added some stems and blossoms to the bottom of the picture.


While this was drying I stamped the tulip from ELB 23 onto shrink plastic in Black Archival Ink, coloured the backs in Claret Fresco paint, and then shrunk them down. I did the same with the seed heads from HP 1505
                        

Using Archival ink in Fern I stamped some leaves and stems from ELB 22/23 and  using similar colours to the base layer added some background stamping. 

I painted the tree with Fresco Paint in French a Roast and once dry sprayed the tree area with Lyndy's Stamp Gang spray in Incandescent Copper This gave a beautiful glimmer to the tree.


                      



I stuck the flowers onto the tree. At this stage I liked it but felt something was missing. I played around with a few ideas but didn't like any of them. I was reminded of a fantasy wood, as I looked at board so thought that maybe a faerie or similar would look good. I had a rummage around and found some black and white photos that were printed onto paper. I chose my photo and with Matt medium transferred the image.




I loved how this came out, I see them emerging out of nowhere, which why I chose the sentiment from Finnabair for Prima. I finished with a tickle of Treasure Gold as Leandra would say.



                  


                    


I had a lot of fun making this so I do hope you get to play along as I just know you will all love playing with the gels and mediums.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your Weekend, take care and I'll see you soon. Hugs
Debs xx
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Brilliant project Debs..love your tree and the all the colours of your woodland scene..fantastic..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree Debs, the knots look fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this Debs - really stunning!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debs, this is wonderful! I have left a comment at PA, but it's been brilliant to catch a bit more of the detail over here! Magnificent project! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely loved this over at PA - what a triumph!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig