Wednesday 12 October 2016

4 colours

Hello everyone, welcome back. It so kind of you to visit, but you might need a drink for this one, as there are quite few photos! I've been playing freely, which I love, and wanted to challenge myself. So I decided to only use Fresco Acrylic Paint in the new Seth Apter's colours. These colours are my favourite at the moment, you can see them here if you are not familiar with them. I also allowed myself to mix different colours but only with the original four colours.
I used Seth Stamps ESA 01 and also two circle Stencils. The only other colours are from my black and white pens, and white Portfolio crayon. So here it is! I am going to enter this into the Paper Artsy challenge which current theme is use Die Cuts. 
 
The only plan I had to start was that I wanted to create a peeled  paint background, so I set about creating a few layers.
 
 
 
 
 
Once this was dry, I applied some petroleum jelly randomly over my page on top of which I applied a thick coat of crackle glaze. You don't have to use a lot but I wanted big crackle, and once dry applied a thick coat of Midnight.
 
 
I deliberately left some areas as I knew I was going to continue building layers
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I completely dried this and continued to heat it until you could see where the petroleum jelly was underneath the layers, I rubbed quite hard with a dry cloth to expose the layers below which you can see in the next two photos.
 
He
 
 
 
 
 
Next came Maggie again only using Seth's colours 
 
 
 
And finally I added my painted Die Cuts, which I then decorated, and the sentiment is from Seth's Stamp plate.
 
 
Stay creative! And take care
Hugs Debsxxx
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. This is lovely Debs. I like the colours you used and how you challenged yourself with restricted materials. Good luck with the Paperartsy challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Maggie! great background too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so much to take in - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning layers, and the colour-challenge to yourself really worked out - the tones work beautifully. Love your lovely woman too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed that you were able to create such a range of colors using these 4 paints. The background is sooooo layered and grunged. Absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous, creative and depth colours background layers. She is very cool!! This is wonderful art Deborah!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig