Thursday 18 January 2018

Line and wash flowers

Hello everyone, again with something just for myself. This is a watercolour painting inspired by Joanne Boom Thomas, I love her work with watercolour and Brushos and find myself watching her tutorials more and more. I’ll include a link at the bottom of the page. 

I’m afraid the light isn’t good and so the colours aren’t as bright as in real life. Working full time it dark by the time I get to play, but I hope it gives you an idea of what it looks like. The size is 18” x 30 so big for me.


I first sprinkled my Brushos in Ultramarine Emerald Green, while spritzing I covered my sketch to protect it from the colour. I then added clean water and worked wet in wet.
Love how the camera captured the water on the page. 


I laid down the pink first and once dry the blue. 


Once dry, I used blue acrylic ink and my dip pen, (yah I found one that works for me and I love it)and added some details, before the ink dried with a small brush and water I pulled the ink to fill in the negative space.


To finish and lighten it a little I added white gold highlights, unfortunately the artificial lights makes it look like blobs of white where as it’s quite subtle really




You can see how the colour is more yellow in the finished pics than in the start 

Hope you like it
Hugs Xxx
Link to Joanne
SHARE:

1 comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig