Sunday 2 November 2014

Butterfly

KHi everyone, another quickie as I need a nap lol. Over on the Country View Crafts challenge blog the theme for November is bees, bugs and butterflies.

I took a #10 Manila tag and around the edge I used Fresco paint from Paper Artsy in French Roast then cackle glaze and then Hint of Mint. 


I put this to one side and took a piece of smoothy card and cut to fit the Tag. I sprayed it with Tea stain from colorbloom and I used some Tim Holtz dies to add some texture and once the glue had dried filled in some of the area with crackle paste.


I let this dry and built the colour with a mix of sprays but got so carried away I forgot what I used.


Next I sprayed my butterfly with a mix of color bloom media line and docraft Artists in blues, with a touch of magenta.



I built up my layers With lots of spraying. Once this was dry I used a script stamp on the butterfly and embossed the edges with distress embossing powder in Walnut Stain.


I wanted my blue to have more depth so added some brusho in turquoise and Ultramarine.



I brought my pieces together to form the tag.





I added some ribbon  and a tim Holtz sentiment, the letters of which I had rubbed patina in to help them stand out.




Thank you for coming over to have look. See you soon

Debsxx









SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Oooh love how you've built that butterfly up Debs, it looks wonderful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic butterfly, but the whole thing looks amazing. Nap well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL layering of colours and textures here Debs, love your Tag a lot it is just my colours :-) xxx

    Hope you enjoying your Nap :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW, this beyond stunning, the butterfly looks totally amazing!!!! Absolutely love your tag and thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Countryview crafts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful butterfly...looks ready to flutter off,stunning

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that background Debs - just beautiful! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful Debs - love the fab colours and small crackles you've achieved - these blues are my favourite colour - I need to add to my sprays I think xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous crackle on both tags, Debs - and the butterfly is a real showstopper - wow! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Country View Challenges.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig