Tuesday 14 August 2018

Tyvec fabric beads

Hello everyone I have something different today, we’ll different for me. Tyvec beads inspired by my friend Kim, who makes these all the time. She is a fabulous textile artist, who showed me how to make these little beauties.








There are two types of bead, some plain and some with more going on. First I painted the fabric with metallic paint, blue and purple with gold splashes on the front side and gold green on the backside.


I cut the beads into about 3inch strips which were also cut to a point




Roll them up onto a skewer or knitting needle and pin in place and then using your heat gun melt the fabric. To add more texture make  tiny cuts on the two outside edges forming a fringe. As this melts it make fabulous texture along the length of the bead. You can make them as large or as tiny a you like.

I love these little gems and cannot wait to make more. I will use them in my art, craft projects and jewellery, how versatile is that?



Take care
Hugs





SHARE:

1 comment

  1. These beads are fabulous! Love the yummy colours and texture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig