New Challenge at Mixed Media World

Hello everyone and welcome. Thank you for stopping by today, I do appreciate your visits. I'm sharing my inspiration for the new challenge at MMW which the lovely Laine chose for us, which is

Anything Goes with Autumn Colours.

 

It's a mixed media challenge so get out all your crafting stuff and have a go. There are some amazing inspirations on the blog from my teamies so pop over and take a look. Hopefully we will inspire you you to play along and you could be in with a chance to win a prize from our sponsor this month which is.

 

 

My journal page started life as an autumn page but as I started spraying my background I thought

why not give it a bit of a twist. I used the colour palette of autumn but chose to go in a different

direction. So here it is.


                       
 
And this is how I did it

Started by spraying my page with Media Mist from DecoArt in Yellow, Red Orange and Pink.

                        

                                               I let it dribble down the page.

                    
 
                    

Next came stencils from Andy Skinner by DecoArt ( That's Crafty have a fab supply of DecoArt Products ) using Little Black Dress from Paper Artsy

                     
 
I stamped and cut out the pumpkins Hp Hallowean 03 from Paper Artsy as well as die cut the butterfly from Tim Holtz. I played around where I wanted them to be before preparing them to stick on.
 
    

The pumpkins I painted with Fresco Acrylic Paint in Haystack and Autumn Fire and the butterfly in Haystack once it dry I coated it in Burnt Umber Antiquing Cream which darkened it slightly and then clear embossed it.

                                 
 
       I also used some words stamps from Emma Godfreys new stamp plate From Paper Artsy
 
                     

                                  So you have a month to play along, have fun!

 
Take Care Debs xxx
Deborah Wainwright
Deborah Wainwright

This is a short biography of the post author. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus nullam quis ante maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec.

8 comments:

  1. Great take on Halloween with the autumnal colours. Love this
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful autumnal layers, and I just love that spooky skull hovering in the background - fantastic!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab make Debs, perfectly Autumnal colours ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything fall combined into one beautiful project - so fun and fab Debs! j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Debs! Really stunning and beautifully detailed. Love those warm colours too, much needed as it's freezing here!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous - this looks stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Playful and spooky, just perfect Debs for Laine's choice of theme. Really loving the colours you have laid down :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Popular Posts